Join us in welcoming Rowand's Fisheries to the Beverly Farmers' Market!
Rowand's Fisheries is a third generation family business has been serving the North Shore for over 50 years. Located at 2 Cabot Street (under the Beverly/Salem Bridge), Rowand's offers fresh, local seafood to prepare in your own kitchen, as well as prepared entrees, chowder, appetizers, and hor d'oeuvres. They even cater lobster or clambakes and raw bars!
On the opening day of the farmers' market, Rowand's offered haddock, scallops, Atlantic salmon, and cooked lobster. They also offer prepared crab cakes and salmon burgers. I purchased scallops and just ended up pan searing them, but try the recipe if you're looking for a quick weeknight meal! Be sure to check the farm stands at the market for greens and fennel!
Looking forward to seeing you at the market on July 12th.
Grilled Scallop Salad
* 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
* 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
* 2 cups leafy greens
* 1/2 bulb fennel, halved lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise
* 12 large sea scallops, tough muscle removed
1. Heat a grill pan over high heat or prepare your outdoor grill. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Place watercress and fennel in a medium bowl, and toss with enough dressing to coat.
2. Lightly brush scallops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Skewer if cooking on an outdoor grill (be sure to soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes before you plan to cook). Grill scallops until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
3. Divide greens evenly between four plates. Top with 3 scallops each. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Thank you for a beautiful opening day last Monday!!! Veterans Park proved to be a perfect location for the Farmers' Market. There is plenty of shade and places to sit while you enjoy the music and munch on fresh sugar peas! Yum!
A quick notice to everyone before the long weekend:
There is no farmers' market this Monday, July 5. We will be back on Monday, July 12.
Happy Fourth of July!
summer squash and radishes from
The Food Project, Long Hill Farm in Beverly